Friday, September 11, 2009

Roasted Sweet Potato Salad



This recipe is SO delicious!  To describe it, I quote Kara Bagley, " slightly smoky, salty and sweet with a little kick."  This is Kara Bagley's delicious recipe.  See her website for more great details.


3 pounds sweet potatoes
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, pureed
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives

Preheat oven to 400 degrees (convection works best). Peel and cut potatoes into 1” pieces. Toss to coat with 2 tablespoon of olive oil and arrange in a single layer on two baking sheets. Roast for 35 minutes. Mix 2 tablespoons oil, pepper puree, vinegar, salt and pepper to make a dressing. Combine cranberries, pecans, chives and cooked sweet potatoes in a medium bowl, drizzle with dressing, cover and refrigerate until chilled.

Note:  Her recipe also called for pecans which we left out.  The salad is good cold or hot, but I think I actually like it best hot (when the chipotle isn't quite as spicy-hot).  So yummy you can believe we'll be making it again...and again!